Follow Us

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Reclaimed Wood Advent Calendar

 
Hello!!! Tis' the season for Christmas crafts!!!! I've been pinning Advent Calendars on Pinterest for months! But didn't LOVE any of them....
I've been working on a couple projects with some reclaimed wood I'd found. And the other morning standing in my mess of scraps it came to me!!! 
I looked down, sipping my morning cup of coffee.....and I seen a CHRITMAS TREE!!!! How perfect!!! I can't begin to tell how excited this made me.... And that's probably something I should keep to myself! Don't judge! ;) I'm not crazy I promise!!! But I mean, it was all there! 

I laid them all out right then and there! (I had a couple thick boards I cut in two)
I then just took my tape measure at an angle and penciled my lines. And then cut those! I had a few nice rough naturally angled ends I left alone. The base or "trunk" of my tree was already angled! But you could easily cut down a straight board!
Just nail in place! I used a scrap piece of wood to keep them equal distance apart!
I used carpet tacks as my decorative rustic nail heads. 
I don't have a pic? Sorry...but I sprayed it down with some spray poly!
I found these little bags in the wedding/shower dept of Michaels. And these tags in the craft dept. I wanted that "chalkboard" look so I also grabbed a white paint pen for my matte black tags!
Number your tags!
Attach your tag to one end of the drawstring on your bags!
Then pull the drawstring so that you have the desired length for your tag to hang flat. Now tie a bow with the remaining string and loop your knot on the nailhead and tighten!
As a topper I made a burlap bow. Super easy!!!
I absolutely love how it came out!!! I'm going to be sad when I have to put it away!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!! Xo Sherri 


No comments:

Post a Comment