Follow Us

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dining Table Redo -Part 1

Ok so this is going to be a two part post! It all started when my hubby brought me home this incredible table.....
I know it doesn't look that incredible, but I seen the potential at first glance!!! (I failed to get a pic with the legs still on cause it was unasembled when he brought it home :/ )
And by "brought home" I mean someone paid him to remove it!!!
 I love his job sometimes!!!
It was definitely not my style....so lots of sanding happened!!!
And he's the best so he did it for me!!! *insert* Awwww

Followed by fave some stain & my all time favorite wall color!!!! Homestead Resort Parlor  Taupe by Valspar!


To finish it off I gave it a good roughin' up and some of my most fave poly....Rustoleum Ultimate Polyurethane Matte....its THE best!!!
The legs got a light sanding and the same stain as the table top! I didn't remove all the old stain to give it a more rustic look!

The glass top needs to be replaced, its really scratched up! But for now its kinda nice not to have to freak out about it....given the house full of live stock....
😁


 
And that's it!!! Super easy!...Well not as easy for my hubby...
But I love it! I've always loved tables made from old doors!!! And this "faux" door table is perfect!!! I love everything about it! Its by far one of my fave pieces of furniture now!!!!! 
And there is a little sneak peek at part 2 of this post!!!! The bench!!! 

Xoxo Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment