Follow Us

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Rustic Crayon ToolBox

This was inspired by the gorgeous old toolbox used by Joanna Gaines in an episode of Fixer Upper! 
I can't tell you how many things I've purchased for crayon storage....it's kinda ridiculous!!! 
But they are always out!!! So why not put them in something I don't mind looking at!? 
I had some left over reclaimed wood scraps that I wanted to use. And after seeing the episode of Fixer Upper I knew what shape they would take!!! 

^ my happy place!!! :)
I made my measurements to fit the crayons. I wanted them to fit perfectly. Be easly accessible and fit snug. 
I decided to use a fence picket for the bottom. Because of the curve the crayons in the middle will stick up a little higher, making them easier to get too. 

I assembled it the old fashioned way....just a hammer and nails!

These are the measurements. I cut the angle at 21 degrees at 3". (I will do a cut list as well!) 

This is the bottom. Because I used a fence picket and wanted the rounded curve to be centered. I did small cuts on both sides! It's 8 3/4" long by 1 7/8" wide! ** this may vary a bit! I used reclaimed wood that was not all from the same piece, straight  or the same thickness throughout! So I would just make all your other cuts first then measure for your base piece!

                        CUT LIST

           Sides: 8 3/4"L x 3"H x 3/4"
        Ends: 8 3/4"H x 3 1/2"W x 3/4"
     *angle cut at 3" from bottom @ 21         degrees
            Base: 8 3/4"L x 1 7/8"W
            Handle: 8 3/4"L x 3/4"W

Note: I used a random scrap piece of wood as my handle! But if you don't have any scraps that work you can use a dowel or just cut a square piece to fit!

There are tons of options when it comes to finishes!!! I just sanded and sealed mine with some poly. But you can paint, stain...anything your little heart desires! Make it your own!!! 



Thanks for stopping by!!!! Xoxo Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment