Follow Us

Friday, January 23, 2015

Vintage Nightstand Redo

I've had my eye out for something that would work as a nightstand for a while! And the other day driving to home depot there it was!!!! All alone, unloved and sitting on the curb with a free sign!!! I squealed, quickly pulled over to the curb and then flashed that "you know you love me" look at my hubby!... He complained for a second as he got out of the car,  then loaded it for me!!! :D 
It had definitely seen better days!!! It was a hot mess! I wanted a piece to paint, so I didn't care. But boy did it smell good.... :/ 
Every draw has cool old locks!!! 
The entire piece got a good sanding, vacuumed & cleaned!

Then I started on the hardware. It's not all original, but it's all vintage. I love it! I used my Bar Keepers Friend and a nail scrub brush. It's just the right amount of scrubbing power without being crazy abrasive! 
As you can tell it worked well!!!! 

Then I got to painting...I had help! ;)
I wanted to either get some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint..but didn't want to drive 45 min to the nearest dealer. I can make my own...but I don't care for the process! So a trusty old can of flat paint I had laying around was what I chose. It went on easy and I did two coats. 

I took care not to paint any of the locks! 
I then did a quick coat of poly on the entire piece! Inside and out! I had planned on using my favorite matte poly....but ended up going with a satin. 

Before....
After!!!! 

I'm inlove with this piece!!!! It's one of my favorites! It's exactly what I had envisioned!!! I love taking an old unloved piece of furniture and bringing it back to life! 

Now go forth and find old things!!! ️Xoxo Happy hunting! Sherri 

No comments:

Post a Comment