Follow Us

Sunday, April 13, 2014

DIY Cellphone Stand

So this idea came about one day while I was trying to make dinner.....I was using this great recipe I'd saved on Pinterest! But I kept having to touch my phone....tilting it so I could see it....refreshing the screen....all trying not to get my yucky hands all over it!? I never use cookbooks! And I LOVE the convenience of Pinterest!!!! 
My hubby & I went away last weekend and had hit a few antique stores....and I seen a few beautiful antique cookbook stands! But again...I'd never use it! That's when I came up with this!!!

It's super simple to make! I made mine with wood scraps I had laying around!

See the nail holes!!! When I say scrap I mean it! Lol....I started with this 5"h x 4 3/4"w x  1" piece of pine. 

Then I cut it at a 34 degree angle. 

We had some old molding laying around that we'd used to make a picture frame, that ended up being perfect!!!

I cut the molding at 4 3/4". 

To give it stability I nailed a piece of 1" x1" to the back!
Like so....

Now for the sanding!!! I distressed mine a little on top! 

Next I stained.... I only stain were I'm going to distress my piece! That way there's good color coming through! Or you could just use the stain all over and call it a day! ;)

I wanted to paint mine! I used Valspar Urban Sunrise....light gray!

Then distressed it again! (My favorite part!!!) 

I decided to get all snazzy!!! This sticker had come on a box I'd gotten in the mail from one of my fave places on the .comosphere ....Junk Gypsy (gypsy vile.com)  I had it pinned to my bulletin board forever!!! ❤️

I actually attached the sticker (it was no longer sticky) with mod podge....but I love using these as accents!!!

Instead of using a poly I just mod podged the whole thing! It's just as good!!!!

This is the products I used!

Fits my iPhone perfectly! But you can customized it to fit any phone...or even an iPad!

And this is its new home! .....and a sneak peek at a future blog post!!! ;) 

    Hope you got inspired!!!! 
 
           Xoxo Sherri 

1 comment:

  1. This mobile stand is perfect for everyone. This is also to avoid blurry photos when using it.

    ReplyDelete