Follow Us

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DIY Rolling Storage Bins


So I've been debating what to do for storage in my entryway bench for months!!! I purchased these adorable metal bins in a smaller version for the top a while back....but wasn't sure the large ones were actually big enough for shoe storage!!! (And didn't want to shell out $30 a piece) Plus I really wanted something I could put casters on?!....Well on a recent trip to Jo-Ann fabrics I noticed they still had my bins.....and they were 70% OFF!!!!!! So of course that made up my mind! I just had to find a way to make these babies roll!!!

It's a good day when I brake out the tools!!! ;)

bought 1 6ft 1x2....
Cut list:  4 1x2's @ 11"
              4 1x2's @ 7"

then drilled pocket holes on both ends of my 7" boards. 

Every girl needs a Kreg Jig!!!!

I sprayed my casters a flat black....brass isn't my thang!

 attached my pieces with these 1 1/2" pocket hole screws!!!

They should look like thisπŸ‘†πŸ˜‰

As soon as my casters were dry I screwed them on! You want to make sure you put them more toward the inside so they don't stick out when they spin!

just used these u bolts to attach my little dollies to my bins...cause I had them lying around! But you could use what ever you want!

Like so πŸ‘†.....I recommend staining or painting them before you attach them....yes I forgot to do this....that's what happens when you are doing to many things at once?! Uggg 

I'm extremely happy with how they turned out!!!! And love that they match the top bins!!!! 

Bloopers:
my hot hubby oh so kindly came over to hold the wood I was cutting and forgot that I didn't have a bag on the saw.....you can't see it well....but he was absolutely covered in saw dust!!! And of course I just stood there completely incapable of helping him I was laughing so hard!!!!! ;) xo Sherri








No comments:

Post a Comment