Follow Us

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easy Pocket Pillows!!!


These are super easy!!!! They can be done as sew or no-sew!!! We will be doing both....but remember that the no-sew are not really washer & dryer friendly... So if your living in a house with 2 kids, 2 cats & a dog....I'd sew um!!! ;)
I will usually make my no-sew a little big so that I can go back and sew them later if I want! 

I started with a 17" pillow insert. 
Then I cut a 24" by 44" piece of fabric. 

Center your pillow. 
Fold one of your long ends to completely cover your pillow. 


Then fold back the fabric back making a 4" fold!!!

Fold your other end over. 

Pin about a 1/2" away from your pillow on both sides!

Sew and trim off excess fabric! (I sew by hand....so no snazzy sewing machine pics here!) ;)

Then the best part.....turn it right side out...insert your pillow....and admire your handy work!!!! (I know they need to be steamed....)


Now if you want a quick no-sew.....
Follow the steps above, but keep your fabric right side out! And leave your pillow inside! 
Your going to fold your top and bottom fabric in about a half an inch and pin in place. 

Then run an even line of glue. Work in small sections if you use a hot glue gun it dries fast!!! But you can also use fabric adhesive tape! 


And that it!!! Super duper easy!!!!! 
Thanks for stopping by!!!

Xoxo Sherri 

No comments:

Post a Comment