Follow Us

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Skin & Makeup Routine

So I've had a couple requests on my skin care & makeup routine. To some it may seem a little crazy?! But for someone with seborrheic dermatitis & psoriasis it's necessary! I can't just roll out of bed and slap on some makeup and go....I wish! Soooo this is my routine.... 

This is what I use every morning! I use a warm wash cloth and lightly exfoliate! Then immediately apply my lotion!

If I use a regular foundation I use the True Match....but that is RARE! I usually just use the Dream Lumi pens! And the Olay if I need extra moisture! I've tried tons of dif really expensive foundations and concealers!!! And I can't find anything I like more than these!!!!

If I'm getting all fancy I'll highlight and contour! It's super fool proof with the Lumi pens! You just use a lighter (concealer type) color & one that's a shade darker than your natural skin color. But if it's just a normal day I just apply the highlight color! If you want better coverage and for it to really stay put use a primer. I typically don't use a primer. But you can also just use a light dusting of translucent powder!

Then I blend like crazy! If you use make....you need a beauty blender!!!! You really really NEEED one!!!! Trust me! ;) 
I wet mine a little before blending!

This is what I use on my eyes...i use a lot of Victorias Secret makeup! I really love their stuff!!! I usually just smudge some black liner in the outer corners and along my lower lash line. Then if I'm using eyeshadow I will always take and apply my medium shade along my liner and the lower lash line as well! I use Mac Brun to fill in my brows!

I apply the liner thick so I have product to work with!
Then I blend blend blend....

I apply a bronzer where I apply the darker contour color!  And the sheer highlighter to my upper cheek bones, down the center of my nose, on the Cupid's bow, in the inner corners of my eyes & brow bone. 
And then a pinky blush to the apples of my cheeks. 
This is a great product for the warmer weather....it'll help stop your makeup from just sliding or sweating off!!!

At the end of the day this is what I use to wash my face....it's gentle enough to use everyday. I love it!

I then use my Burt's Bees Toner, apply my eye brightening cream, Maracuja Oil & then my Burt's Bees Radiance night cream. FYI: the Maracuja oil is incredible!!! It might sound scary but it does not clog your pores and in the morning your skin will feel wonderful!!! Worth every penny!

All good skin care routines start from the inside out! I take a lot of biotin!  
And I do a table spoon of coconut oil everyday in my morning smoothie!!! It's a great way to get those healthy fats!!! And this is also great to apply right on your skin!!!! 

I hope you found this helpful!? Whether you prefer to wear more or less makeup! Maybe you don't have a good skincare routine, or would like to switch things up?  Feel free to ask any questions!!! 



Have fun! Try new things!!! You are only as beautiful as you feel!!! It has nothing to do with outside appearance!!! Pick one thing about yourself that you love....and start there! ;) 

                         Xoxo Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment