Follow Us

Saturday, April 19, 2014

DIY Chunky Dinning Table

So I'm a huge fan of these ladies!!!! And get so much awesome inspiration from them!!!! They had posted plans for their restoration hardware table and I KNEW it was something I was going to be building!!!! I also knew it was going to have to be modified to suit my needs! 
👆 this is the link to Shanty 2 Chic.com...where you will find a link to Anna Whites site for complete plans!
And I'll explain where I modified....

My tables total width is 62"...a lot smaller than the original 87" plans!!! My main beams are only 4ft!!! I used all 4x4 beams and the cheapest 2x6 & 2x10 pine I could find at lowes!!! You can see were I chose to put a lot of my pocket holes! 
It's incredibly easy & super sturdy when built using a Kreg Jig!!! Literally my most fave tool!!! 

These are the table top dimensions. I also only used a 2x6's as my breadboards! I didn't want a ton of over hang, and we were not going to be putting chairs at the ends of the table!

And no project is complete without the help of my little lady!!!! 

This is what I used for the finish. I love both these products! The rust-oleum poly goes on so smooth!!! And I did the recommended three coats. 

We recently got an incredible table for free....and we are almost done refinishing it!!! So this table is now a cozy outdoor eating spot!!!
 All we did was drill a 1 1/2" hole through the table top, top beam and  3/4 the way through the bottom beam. And then screwed a 2" screw through the back of the bottom beam into the umbrella pole for added support!!! 

This is the link to the umbrella!!! They also have matching cushions!! ;)
http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-1&storeId=10702&catalogId=10051&productId=50081394&store=1014&view=detail&nValue=SEARCH 

This was Miss Belle & I yesterday enjoying lunch on the deck! I think we are going to be eating outside a lot more!!! 

We will be putting a weather proof poly on it! Hopefully it will last us a good long time!!! 

Happy building!!! Xoxo Sherri

1 comment: